I didn't blog in 2 weeks and boy does it feel weird! And since my last post was quite serious in nature, I decided to write about something a bit more lighthearted this week.
I've seen so many bloggers write these lists but each and every one is unique because no two people share the same experiences...so without further ado, here is the list of 21 things I learned by the age of 21.
2. Don't dye your hair twice (or more times) in the same day just because the color didn't turn out as you wanted it. You're damaging your hair and it will take years before it's healthy again.
3. Don't let your family make decisions for you. You will end up much happier in life if you stand up for what you believe in rather than letting others decide for you.
4. Don't mix three/four different types of alcohol in one night. You will suffer in the morning. BIG TIME.
5. Stop hating on where you're from or your culture. Embrace it. Your origin is nothing to be ashamed of. Just stop. Seriously.
6. Stop trying to fit in so much. Stay true to yourself and you will feel much better on the inside.
7. Spend less time on social media. Go out more. Meet new people. Sign up for things like after-school activities.
8. STOP comparing yourself to others.
9. I know you want to be polite & kind at all times but it's okay to tell an unwanted guest to go home after he doesn't get the hint for like 7 hours (there's no exaggeration here btw).
10. Your eyebrows are one of your biggest assets. Give them a little shape and leave them alone!
11. REAL friends wouldn't do that to you. Drop this girl asap because nothing good will come out of that friendship.
12. Stop trying to grow up so fast. There is a time for everything.
13. Your mum isn't trying to make your life miserable by saying no sometimes. She means well. And she's usually right to say no.
14. A balanced diet and regular exercise are how you lose weight. Crash diets are super bad for you and will make you gain twice as much weight in the end.
15. Use hair conditioner/olive oil when shaving your legs outside the shower. Don't just use a razor when you're in a hurry. (I bled about 50 times before I learned my lesson).
16. If he cares, he will find a way to get in touch. Stop believing his lame excuses.
17. You can't build your happiness on someone else's unhappiness.
18. In order to grow, you need to get out of your comfort zone.
19. Appreciate your family more. Especially your mum.
20. Moisturize and have a little skincare routine. Your skin will thank you for it!
21. Celebrate every success and learn to enjoy the little things in life because these make all the difference.
So here they are.. the 21 things I learned by 21.
Thanks so much for reading! What are some things you learned by the time you were 21?