It's Sunday afternoon as I'm writing this post. The weekend is coming to an end and the dreaded *M word* is near. With this in mind, I decided to jot down some quotes/sayings that help me stay motivated, happy and most importantly: calm. You probably didn't know this about me but I sometimes struggle with anxiety. I lose my cool quickly and begin to overthink everything.
So without further ado, here are some amazing quotes I came across over the years!
1. ''Realize deeply that the present moment is all you will ever have.'' - this one is great if you catch yourself thinking about the future too much.
2. ''It doesn't matter what they're doing. It matters what you're doing.'' - this basically means 'stop comparing yourself to others!'
3. ''Normality is a paved road. It's comfortable to walk, but no flowers grow'' - Vincent Van Gogh. In my understanding, this screams - get out of your comfort zone & follow YOUR dreams!
4. ''If you can't change it, don't worry about it. If you can, go back and change it.'' - I mean, what's the point of worrying about something that's outside your control?
5. ''Fear is a liar'' - interpret this one as you wish. For me, it means: don't overthink, what you fear probably isn't going to happen anyway!
6. ''Change your mindset and you will change your world.'' - It's ALL about attitude.
7. ''You can't live a positive life surrounded by negative people.'' - Choose your friends carefully.
8. ''If you keep doing things the same way, you're going to get the same results.'' - This one is self-explanatory!
9. ''Criticize only if it's constructive & can help whoever you're criticizing.'' - Why be negative if it won't change anything for the better?
10. ''Put yourself in the other person's shoes before you judge them.'' Or in other words, imagine how YOU would feel in this particular situation.
* * *
So here they are! The 10 quotes/sayings I live by. There are many many more but I kind of wanted to avoid the really deep & personal ones as well as clichés such as ''If it's meant to be - it will be.'' or ''Everything happens for a reason!''
Are there any sayings that help you stay happy & motivated? Share them in the comments section below!
Oh and I'm @primavera_blogs on Twitter if you want to follow me!
Until next time,